The Ramales Trio was founded in 2014, under the coaching of the hungarian pianist Màrta Gulyàs, in the Escuela Superior de Música Reina Sofía (Queen Sofia College of Music), named after the Ramales Square, placed in the center of Madrid, near to the Royal Palace and to the very same Music School where the three young musicians have first met. It’s coaching by violinist Pablo Díaz (Spain), cellist Gonçalo Lélis (Portugal) and pianist Andrés Navarro (Spain).
From the very beginning this piano trio has developed an uprising career, reflected by their numerous performances in different concert halls.
As well as the participation in international chamber music competitions, as the Ecoparque de Trasmiera Chamber Music Competition, in Cantabria, where they were awarded the first prize in 2016 or the prestigious Antón García Abril International Chamber Music Competition, also in 2016, where the Ramales Trio was awarded the second prize and the special prize for the best interpretation of a Spanish work. Following the success in those competitions, this young trio was also selected by the Píu Mosso Fundation to participate in the “Primer Auditorio” Cycle, performing in the Chamber Hall of the Auditorio Nacional in Madrid, in December 2017.
The Ramales trio also took part in a concert tour all over Spain (“AIE en Ruta”) in 2016 organized by the Asociacíon de Intérpretes y Ejecutantes (AIE).
They have played in music festivals and cycles as the Albacete International Chamber Music Festival, Sierra Musical Festival (where they have premiered the Piano Trio op.3 by Pablo Díaz, the group’s violinist), “Esteban Sánchez” Philarmonic Society (Mérida), the ¡Sólo Música! Festival in Madrid, the Cycle Musicians of the World and in Concert Halls as the Ciudad de Albacete Auditorium, Díaz Caneja Fundation in Palencia or in the Caja Badajoz Auditorium in Mérida.
- February 28 – Palacio de Festivales, Santander – Works by Haydn, Díaz y Shostakovich.
- January 11 – Ciudad Real Municipal Auditorium- Works by Haydn, Turina and Shostakovich.
- January 21 – Palencia Díaz Caneja Foundation- Works by Haydn, Turina and Shostakovich.
- January 29 – Preludio Season of the Albéniz Foundation – Works by Turina.
- February 1 – Sony Auditoriumof the Albéniz Foundation – Works by Turina.
- March 20 – 1st Prize at the” Ecoparque de Transmiera” International Chamber Music Competition. Cantabria.
- April 24 – Albacete Munical Auditorium – Works by Haydn, Turina and Shostakovich.
- May 5 – Toccatta in A, Madrid- Works by Haydn, Turina and Shostakovich.
- May 14 – 2nd Prize and Prize to the best Spanish Music Perform at the “Antón García Abril” International Chamber Music Competition.
- May 30 – Auditorio Sony of the Albéniz Foundation – Works by Pablo Díaz.
- June 16 – “Sierra Musical” Season, Madrid- Works by Díaz, Turina and Shostakovich.
- December 20 – Auditorio Nacional de Música, Madrid- “My first Auditorium” Season- Works by Díaz and Turina.
- February 5 – Auditorio Sony of the Albéniz Foundation – Works by Shostakovich.
- May 26 – Auditorio Sony of the Albéniz Foundation – Works by Arensky.
- June 20 – Auditorio Nacional de Música, Madrid- Works by Arensky.
- November 24 – Auditorio of the León Conservatory- Works by Haydn, Turina and Shostakovich.
- November 27 – Badajoz Cultural Centre – Works by Haydn, Turina and Shostakovich.
El Norte de Castilla – January 20th 2016.
El Diario Montañés – January 21th 2016.
El País – September 30th 2016.